Children age 3 through rising 5th grade from throughout the community will join us for the 2019 VBS program "Passport to Summer Fun: Travels through the Bible," Tuesday June 18 through Friday June 21, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon at St. Paul's UMC.
Adult teachers and youth volunteers shepherd our campers as they enjoy Bible stories, songs, crafts, play time, and - of course - snacks!
REGISTER FOR VBS:
Pick up an application form in the office or download the application here, then fill it out.
Mail the completed application and registration fee ($25 per camper) to:
10112 Capitol View Ave
Silver Spring, MD 20910
- Please do not return applications to the church.
- All camper applications and registration fees must be postmarked by May 1.
- From May 1 to June 1, please contact the church office to inquire about available seats.
- To discuss "campership" financial aid one-on-one, contact senior pastor Rev. Adam B. Snell.
- Sorry, we cannot register new campers at the door.
All registered campers (parents/guardians) should receive a confirmation email from a member of our VBS leadership team. (For Youth Helper information, please scroll down to the Youth Helper section!)
Permission Slip, Medical, and Photo Release forms will be available following registration. All campers must have permission forms turned in by or before the first day of camp.
CAMPERS (and parents!) WHAT TO EXPECT:
ARRIVING & LEAVING
9:00 a.m. DROP OFF
Drop off each day is in the Sanctuary at St Paul’s. The easiest way to get to the Sanctuary is through the double doors on Armory Avenue. The registration tables will be outside (weather permitting). On the first day, please come 10-15 minutes early to drop off permission slips, pick-up name tags, and find your group before the program starts.
12:00 p.m. PICK UP
Pick up will be at the child's last center of the day. This means each group will have its own pick-up location. Pick-up locations will be given out on the first day of VBS and posted around the church as well.
ON THE LAST DAY...
There will be a short program starting at 11:35 a.m. in the Sanctuary on the final day, Friday June 21, starring all of the campers! This is an event not to be missed. Your parents can take you home right after the program is finished.
WHAT TO WEAR
· Clothes that can get messy or wet – because you just might get messy and wet!
· Sunscreen and bug spray
· Something or everything that matches the Colors of the Day! Each day will have a different theme - check back here to see the published list before camp begins!
If you need more information about VBS and the Camper experience, please contact Robin Mayhew email@example.com, member of the VBS Leadership Team.