To donate to the Holiday Giving Project, CLICK HERE.
Due to the current covid-19 situation, we will not be able to hold our signature Cookies & Carols party or distribute individual children's gifts. We'll sincerely miss sharing sweet baked treats and the shiny wrapping paper on the presents that brighten the children's holidays. But, we are already working on ways our congregation can contribute to the 2020 version of the Giving Tree.
This year, we will share our blessings with approximately 250 individuals in the households of our Hunger Ministry families and referrals from Montgomery County's Holiday Giving Project (https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/HHS/PACS/Holiday-Giving.html).
Although we can't accept "physical" gifts for our families, we are grateful for monetary donations to help us purchase Target and grocery gift cards. If you’d like to contribute in this way, financial contributions are welcomed online by Clicking HERE or by checks mailed to the church (designate Holiday Giving in the memo line).
Christmas Greeting Cards Wanted!
We are again soliciting donations of holiday greeting cards - this time for Christmas - with a personalized note.
There are many ways to participate:
- Purchase a Christmas card and hand-write a message of encouragement.
- Use a regular blank greeting card you already have on hand and write a Merry Christmas note.
- Hand-made cards are welcome! If you would like ideas or templates, please contact Meg Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not sure of what to say? Here are some suggestions:
- Wishing you and yours a beautiful Christmas
- God bless you this Christmas and always
- Wishing you peace during this holiday season
- Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones
- Sending warm holiday wishes your way
If your card has an envelope, please DO NOT SEAL; leaving it unsealed allows us to insert the store gift card before mailing.
Cards may be dropped off at St. Paul’s, using the mail slot at the office entrance on Mitchell Street. You may also put cards in a larger envelope and mail them to: Christmas Card Challenge, St. Paul’s UMC, 10401 Armory Avenue, Kensington MD 20895.
All cards must be received by December 11, 2020.
Your generosity makes for warm hearts even during cold times. Thank you!