Visit the table in the Narthex to shop these holiday "alternative giving" programs following worship on Sundays November 24, December 1, and December 8.
This year, give the gifts you've really always wanted!
An alternative gift through Scattered for Service is really two gifts in one: a gift to the people it helps, and to the person it honors.
You select a ministry or agency from our catalog, and your financial support will be sent to them for use as directed. You receive personalized acknowledgement cards, which you may in turn give to loved ones in whose honor each contribution was made.
Follow these simple steps and all your Christmas shopping will be done before you know it!
- On November 24, the Scattered for Service catalogs will be available during Worship. You can also download a copy by clicking HERE.
- Peruse the catalog. There are local and international organizations included in the catalog – ranging from Bethesda Help and West River Center to Heifer International and UMCOR. Choose which organization is a good match for the people on your Christmas list!
- Visit the table in the Narthex on Novermber 24, December 1, and December 8.
- Fill out your order form with all of the gifts you’ve chosen.
- Give your order form to one of the workers at Scattered for Service. You’ll write one check for all of the items – to St. Paul’s UMC with "Scattered for Service" on the memo line.
- We’ll take your order form and prepare specific and personalized cards for each item. You’ll walk away with your cards, ready to go to loved ones.
- Please note that this year, we will not have the Fair Trade Winds Craft Market available for shopping.
- After December 8, the Scattered for Service team will compile all of the receipts and send 100% of the donations we've collected to the organizations as directed.
- If you have questions or want to be involved, please contact the church office or the 2019 coordinator, Lyn Walker.