St. Paul's offers in-person worship every Sunday.
We will do our best to make improvements each week as restrictions evolve between Montgomery County and the State of Maryland and as best practices change. We ask for everyone's patience as we navigate the church's reopening and for prayers for the church staff as we try to anticipate each question and adjust. We may fall short and take the occasional stumble along the way, but through your prayers and God's grace, we will all be filled with the Holy Spirit!
Worship in the Sanctuary: 9:00 AM and 10:30 AM
- All those in attendance will wear masks covering the mouth and nose the entire time they are in the building.
- For indoor services: At the door, all those attending worship will sign in and provide contact information for contract tracing purposes. No pre-registration is required for worship.
- Those who wish to use childcare will pre-register online to ensure an appropriate child/caregiver ratio. Please CLICK HERE to see more information on children's programming on our Children's page.
- Sanctuary doors may remain open for extra ventilation. Please dress accordingly. The HVAC has been upgraded with a modular ionization air purification device (a GPS-IMOD) and will provide extra airflow.
- When outdoor services are offered, please bring your own chairs and arrange your seating to keep distance between family groups or established pods.
- There will be no congregational singing. Hymns, anthem, and other music may be shared by staff or featured musicians.
- Pew materials (prayer cards, Bibles, hymnals, offering envelopes) have been removed and will not be provided until September 2021.
- Printed bulletins WILL be offered. Those taking a bulletin are asked to keep it and carry it out of worship at the end of the service and place it in the recycling bin or take it home.
- Offering plates will be available at stations for those who wish to drop off an offering; plates will not be passed through the congregation.
- On Communion Sundays: pastors will distribute pre-packaged communion elements for worshipers to receive, then safely consume at home.
- Any person who does not follow these protocols will be asked to leave the service.
- Ushers will be available to answer questions and provide assistance.
- We will not have social gatherings in the building before or after worship. If you wish to socialize, please make use of outdoor spaces, including Reinhardt Park across the street. We encourage mask wearing and distancing, even in outdoor settings. Caring for the most vulnerable among us is part of our calling.
The 10:30 worship service will also be live-streamed for those who prefer to participate from home. Visit the Worship at Home page to find the livestream link and the worship bulletin in a downloadable *pdf format.
- Nursery care for children age 2 and younger will be provided during both 9:00 and 10:30 worship services.
- Childcare for children in Grade 3 and younger will be available during the 10:30 service.
- Adults must pre-register their child(ren) to ensure a safe caregiver-to-child ratio. Go to the Children's page to register or read more.