As of April 11, 2021, St. Paul's will offer in-person worship every Sunday.
We will do our best to make improvements each week as restrictions evolve between Montgomery County and the State of Maryland. We ask for everyone's patience as we navigate the church's reopening and for prayers for the church staff as we try to anticipate each question and adjust to ever-changing conditions. We may fall short and take the occasional stumble along the way, but through your prayers and God's grace, we will be filled with the Holy Spirit!
Worship times: 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
In the Sanctuary
- All those in attendance will wear masks covering the mouth and nose the entire time they are in the building.
- At the door, all those attending worship will sign in and provide contact information for contract tracing purposes.
- Those who wish to use childcare will pre-register online to ensure an appropriate child/caregiver ratio. Please see more below.
- Sanctuary doors will remain open for extra ventilation. Please dress accordingly. The HVAC has been upgraded with a modular ionization air purification device (a GPS-IMOD) and will provide extra airflow.
- Pews have been designated at intervals to provide space between those in attendance. No one may sit an an area designated as off-limits or closed.
- There will be no congregational singing. Special music may be shared by staff or volunteer musicians.
- Pew materials (prayer cards, Bibles, hymnals, offering envelopes) have been removed and will not be provided.
- Printed bulletins WILL be offered. Those taking a bulletin are asked to keep it and carry it out of the Sanctuary at the end of worship.
- Offering plates will be available at stations for those who wish to drop off an offering; plates will not be passed through the congregation.
- On Communion Sundays: pastors will distribute pre-packaged communion elements for worshipers to receive, then safely consume at home.
- The Sanctuary has a capacity of 125. Overflow seating area with a video feed of the service will be set up in the Octagon.
- Any person who does not follow these protocols will be asked to leave the service.
- Ushers will be available to answer questions and provide assistance.
- Custodial staff will clean and sanitize areas between services.
- We will not have social gatherings in the building before or after worship. If you wish to socialize, please make use of outdoor spaces, including Reinhardt Park across the street. We encourage mask wearing and distancing, even in outdoor settings. Caring for the most vulnerable among us is part of our calling.
The 10:30 worship service will also be live-streamed for those who prefer to participate from home. Visit the Worship at Home page to find the livestream link and the worship bulletin in a downloadable *pdf format.
- Nursery care for children age 2 and younger will be provided during both 9:00 and 10:30 worship services.
- Childcare for children in Grade 3 and younger will be available at the 10:30 service starting April 18.
- An adult must pre-register their youngster(s) to ensure a safe child/caregiver ratio. The registration link will be available from the stpaulsk.org home page and in the Weekly News email.
- Adults should drop off children at the Fellowship Hall before worship and pick them up from the Fellowship Hall immediately after the service concludes.
- Children must wear masks at all times.
- Children and their siblings will remain in family groups or established pods and will keep distance from one another. Children will have access to activity stations.
Please note: Sunday School classes will continue to be provided online at 9:30 a.m. through May 30. Summer Sunday School for rising 3rd Graders and younger will begin June 6 in the Fellowship Hall. For summer, children will begin in the Sanctuary with their families, and will enjoy a Children's Message from their seats, then our childcare workers or staff will escort them to Fellowship Hall for Summer Sunday School.